From WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- Upload the Zip file of retro-blog.1.0.6.zip.
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button.
FTP Installation (alternate method)
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract retro-blog.1.0.6.zip and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
- For Free theme User: Download File from https://wordpress.org/themes/retro-blog/
- For Premium user: After the theme purchased, you can find the theme on Purchase History page.
Setting up Home Page
If you want to create Home/Front Page similar to demo, you need to follow the following procedure.
1. Create Page for Home and Blog Page
- Go to admin panel > Pages > Add New
- Give the title of the page(Example: Home Page)
- Click on Publish to publish the page.
- Create another page(for Blog), follow the above page creation method.
2. Set Homepage and Blog page
Please set home page and blog page with following procedure.
- Go to admin panel > Settings > Reading
- Click on “A static page (select below)”
- Set Front page: (Home Page recently created above)
- Posts page:(Blog you recently created)
Theme Options on Customizer
When you go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Customize. , there you will see various options available to customize your site. Just try those options one by one you will able to understand how the theme works and can create any kinds of sites.